Current status regarding Covid-19 Vaccination Programme:
15.01.2021 - see latest news on this site for latest information.
Harcourt Medical Centre continues to remain open. In order to keep patients safe we are following strict infection control procedures and taking measures to reduce foot fall through the surgery building. Please do not attend the surgery without a prior made appointment. You can now submit medical and administrative requests via our website and a member of the team will contact you back within 2 working days. Alternatively you can call the surgery and the receptionist will arrange a telephone appointment. The doctor will make a face-to-face appointment with you if necessary. If attending an appointment please bring your own face mask and arrive on time. Do not turn up early or late for your appointment as there is restricted space in our waiting room. Rowlands pharmacy continues to operate from within the surgery building and is using a traffic light system to regulate the flow of customers in and out of the building.
We are all excited to hear about the progress of the rolling out of the Covid vaccine and look forward to this improving the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, as a practice, we are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our team safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
• There are now two vaccines available to protect patients – Oxford/AstraZeneca and Pfizer-BioNTech.
• Another vaccine (Moderna) has been licenced and will be available later on in 2021.
• The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) have emphasised that it is best for patients to get their second dose 12 weeks after their first vaccine. There is a high level of protection afforded by the first dose
• By vaccinating a greater number of people with a single dose, more deaths and hospitalisations will be prevented.
• Please do not contact the surgery nor the hospital to seek a vaccine, we will contact you when the NHS has instructed us to
• With the current rapid increase in Covid-19 cases it is even more important to
• wash your hands
• wear a face mask as advised
• keep 2 metres apart
Thank you for your patience
Harcourt Medical Centre